October 10, 2012

Hitting Dirtside, prairie style.

Just finished moving to Calgary, Alberta and it's an exciting place. Still lots to do, like find new employment.

I spent most of the day walking around and beyond Panamount Heights to peruse the several malls and shopping district nearby, including a stroll through several blocks of neighborhood. Everything my modern material life needs is in walking distance. Very strange, really, considering the vast majority of my existence has been out in the forested boonies and misty mountains of BC, and a short stint in this little city called Nelson when I was eight years-old or so. There's such a melting pot of peoples here, it's astounding. Almost like a low-budget Blade Runner scene or something.

Also, there's some fricken snow already. I love snow.

Now if only I could figure out where to look for a hobby shop or suchmuch.

5 comments:

  1. Check out Sentry Box Games. Whenever I'm in town (from Nelson, coincidentally) I try to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What he said. Though getting to The Sentry Box (west end of downtown) from Panorama will prove to be a chore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll second the Sentry Box.I always go there when I'm in Calgary and spend way too much money...

    ReplyDelete